Friday, November 09, 2007

That'll be $12.34. Please drive around.

So Matt and I were on the way out of the house last week to get some half-price sushi for dinner (it really is better than it sounds). As we were gettting into the car, I noticed what appeared to be a news helicopter. I pointed it out to Matt, but we had no clue what was up. As we got closer to the restaurant, we realized that there were four news helicopters hovering just beyond our intended destination.

Well, the former photojournalist in Matt said that half-price sushi would have to wait so we could investigate what was going on. I totally agreed. We drove past our destination and immediately saw a police car and lights ahead. But we couldn't figure out what it was. It wasn't until we drove past the KFC that I saw what happened and let out an "Oh my God!" This is what I saw:


Turns out, one of the workers from the car wash next door was pulling the Subaru out to be dried when he lost control, hit two other cars, and then drove the car into the KFC. According to newspaper accounts, no one was injured. And yes, we made all of the drive thru jokes that night. Matt was bummed because he said he actually was in the mood for some KFC and now he couldn't go. Don't know what you've got until it's gone.

No comments: