Sunday, November 25, 2007

Second home

In July and October, Matt and I got to spend a couple of days at Watkins Glen. Yes, we like it because it's a racetrack. But it's more than that. It's the reason that we met. Short version of the story -- I saw a picture of Matt standing in front of the very distinctive guardrail at the Glen on his online profile. I wrote to him, he responded. You know the rest. The nice people at the Glen even gave us a piece of guardrail to use as a cake stand at the wedding.

The purpose of our trips this year was to drive at the track. This is me driving in July. While I have been at this longer, Matt is now faster than me. I'm OK with that. So long as we're both having fun. Safe fun, that is. There will be a few new additions to our "baby" over the winter. Check back for updates.

No comments: