Saturday, December 22, 2007

Now this is a backup band!

Last Sunday, Matt and I went to the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark to see the Boston Pops Esplenade Orchestra. For obvious reasons, Matt has seen the Boston Pops on several occasions, but I have not. After me asking numerous questions about the Pops and conductor Keith Lockhart while watching them on TV on the Fourth of July, Matt decided that I should see them for myself.

The concert was delayed an hour because the musicians had one heck of a time getting out of Boston due to the weather. But thanks to Amtrak, they all made it. And it was worth the wait.

What a wonderful time we had. The music was awesome. They had a men's singing group -- Cantus -- with them as well. And yes, at the end of the concert, we sang along with the Boston Pops.

This very well may become a new holiday tradition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed one of Boston's greats (after the Red Sox, NE Pats, etc.)